“Claudia Gibson is truly a Songwriter’s Songwriter. Her musicianship and knowledge of language and story are quickly putting her in line with our great Texas tunesmiths.”
— David Lee, Grammy nominated, multi-hit songwriter
“Claudia is a soulful storyteller and a vivid poet.”
— Gordy Quist, Producer and co-founder of The Band of Heathens
50 WORD BIO
A 2019 Kerrville New Folk Finalist, Claudia Gibson’s EP Louisiana Sky features “Dreamers,” which won the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Award. A Wimberley, TX resident and lifelong singer-songwriter, Claudia’s first CD Step By Step was produced by Gordy Quist. Recent tours include venues in Texas, New Mexico and New York.
100 WORD BIO
A 2019 Kerrville New Folk Finalist and winner of the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Competition for “Dreamers” from her current EP Louisiana Sky, Claudia Gibson writes memorable Folk/Americana songs featuring what the Houston Music Review terms “her beautiful voice and thoughtful lyrics.” Grammy nominated songwriter David Lee calls Claudia “a songwriter’s songwriter.” A Wimberley, TX resident and lifelong singer-songwriter and guitarist, Claudia’s recent tours include listening rooms and theatres in Texas, New Mexico and New York. Her first CD Step By Step, produced by Band of Heathens front man Gordy Quist, made the Roots Music Report’s 2017 Top Americana/Country chart.
Link to sampler:
Click on VIDEOS link
While her path has been long and winding, singer-songwriter Claudia Gibson’s music has earned praise from musicians like Gordy Quist of the Band of Heathens, who calls her “a soulful storyteller and a vivid poet,” and Grammy-nominated hit songwriter David Lee, who characterizes Claudia as “a songwriter’s songwriter.” A 2019 Kerrville New Folk Finalist and 2019 Songwriter Serenade Semi-Finalist, Claudia’s won first place in the 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for her song “Dreamers," and was a participating artist at the 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival. James Killen of the Houston Music Review has cited Claudia’s "...beautiful voice and thoughtful lyrics", while DJs on independent radio from Oregon to North Carolina have spun tracks from her 2016 album Step By Step, earning it placement in the Americana Radio and Roots Music Report’s 2017 charts.
A singer, guitarist and songwriter since her teens, Claudia's music career took a back seat to family for many years. After moving to the Austin, Texas area, a chance meeting at a music retreat led to Gordy Quist’s offer to produce her first album, Step by Step.
Claudia's songs are honest and borne of life experience - hard earned at times, joyous and bittersweet at others. Claudia’s strong voice and guitar accompaniment compliment her songs’ melodies and harmonic structure, helping her to earn songwriting recognition and awards, both in the Austin area and beyond.
Claudia's EP Louisiana Sky , contains acoustic songs recorded in summer 2018 and January 2019, including the title cut and the award-winning "Dreamers,” a song chronicling the lives of DACA recipients. Claudia plans a Kickstarter for a new full album late in 2019.
Instagram - @claudiagibsonmusic |Facebook - facebook.com/claudiagibsonmusic |Twitter - @ctgibson
Claudia Gibson - recent highlights:
- 2019 Kerrville New Folk Competition Finalist
- 2019 Songwriter Serenade Semi-Finalist
- 2019 BW Stevenson Singer-Songwriter Contest Semi-Finalist
- 2018 Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival artist
- 1st place 2018 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Contest for “Dreamers”
- Mainstage set at the 2018 Woody Guthrie Festival
- Step By Step - Roots Music Report's Top Americana Country Album Chart 2017
- Honorable Mention by Houston Music Review writer James Killen in his 2017 Southwest Regional Folk Alliance Review
- Top Five Song of the Month for “Step By Step,” Songwriter Universe, May 2017
- SXSW live radio performing slot on SunRadio’s 2017 Yeti Flagship Stage for “Step By Step”
- Featured one hour radio interviews on WBSD 89.1 FM Burlington, WI and KWVH 94.1 Wimberley, TX
- 1st place honors in several categories at the 2016 and 2017 Texas Music Symposium for the songs “Step By Step”, “Real Love”, “Cleveland, Ohio”, “The Days” and “Unbound.”
- The Indie Bible PopScore Pick, January 2017 for "Real Love"
Please click on SHOWS link.
Media & Info: email@example.com
Charlie Stewart, Handshake Management
Hi-res photos for print and web, below. Photographer Credits on captions.